Melania Trump video interview with Andersen Cooper of CNN, Oct. 17th 2016

MELANIA TRUMP FULL VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH ANDERSON COOPER (10/17/2016) [Oct. 17th 2016], https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AoEZzv63O8, 22 mins

Transcript of the interview: https://www.bustle.com/articles/190135-transcript-of-the-melania-trump-interview-with-anderson-cooper-shows-shes-on-the-same-page-as

New York Times article on it, ‘They’re Lies’: Melania Trump Rejects Women’s Claims That Husband Groped Them, http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/us/politics/donald-melania-trump-women.html, Oct. 17th 2016

Some quotes from this interview of Melania Trump, wife of Mr. Donald Trump, Republican nominee for president of USA, are given below:

I’m great. I’m very strong, I’m very confident, and I live my life. I take care of myself, and of our son and my husband, and I’m doing great.
...

As you may have heard, I filed a few lawsuits, and I’m in the court now, because they have accused me of doing stuff that I have never did in my life, and they wrote lies, and I will not allow that. I will fight in [to] the end, because I don't want to damage my reputation and my name.
...
[In response to question about 2005 Access Hollywood leaked tape:]
I said to my husband that the language is inappropriate, it’s not acceptable, and I was surprised because that is not the man that I know. And as you can see from the tape, the cameras were not on. It was only a mic, and I wonder if they even knew that the mic was on, because they were kind of a boy talk, and he was led on, like egged on, from the host to say dirty and bad stuff.
...

[About her husband's apology to her:]
Well, when we talk in private, I will keep it private. And, he apologized. I accept his apology; I hope the American people will accept it as well. It was many many years ago. He’s not the man that I know, and as I many times said, and he said it as well, it’s very hard, especially for him, when he decided to run for presidency, because he did so many stuff in his life. He was on so many tapes, so many shows, and we knew that, that tapes will come out, people will want to go against him. But my husband is real, he’s raw, he tells it as it is. He’s kind, he’s a gentleman. He supports everybody — he supports women, he encourages them to go to the highest level, to achieve their dreams, he employs many many women. And as you can see, it’s a lot of backlash on the media and they way they treated him.
...
[About Trump's talk being just locker room talk:]
Yeah, it’s kind of two teenage boys, actually they should behave better, right?
[On him being 59 years old then:]
Correct. And sometimes I said I have two boys at home, I have my young son and my husband, so, but I know how some men talk, and that’s how I saw it, yes.
...
[About the allegations of sexual assault some women made against Trump in the past few days:]
I believe my husband. I believe my husband. This was all organized from the opposition. And with the details that they go, did they ever check the background of these women? They don’t have any facts, and even the story that came out in People magazine, the writer, she said that my husband took her to the room and started kissing her. She wrote in the same story about me that she saw me on 5th Avenue, and I said to her, “Natasha, how come we don’t see you anymore?” I was never friends with her. I would not recognize her.
-----

Please note that I have a PUBLICLY NEUTRAL informal-student-observer role in these posts that I put up about the USA presidential elections. Of course, as I am an Indian citizen living in India, there is no question of me voting in these elections.

[I thank Ms. Melania Trump, cnn.com and bustle.com and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above short extracts from their interview/website on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more