Attorney Lisa Bloom fully supports Jill Harth, Trump sexual misconduct accuser, wrt Trump lawsuit threat

Tweets of Lisa Bloom given below tell the story.

Pinned Tweet, "My law firm will proudly represent any accusers sued by Donald Trump and crowd fund defense costs. Can’t wait to take his deposition!", https://twitter.com/LisaBloom/status/789916537561972736, 22nd Oct. 2016

"BREAKING: my client Jill Harth and I respond to Trump's insults and threats yesterday. Spoiler: not backing down.", https://twitter.com/LisaBloom/status/790289824192294913, 23rd Oct. 2016

A pic attached to the tweet above (and given below) seems to be this press release statement: http://www.thebloomfirm.com/press-release-jill-harth-and-lisa-bloom-respond-to-trumps-insults-and-threats/, dated Oct. 23rd 2016


[To open pic above in full resolution, use mouse right-click, Open image in new tab/window, and then click on the image to zoom out.]

In the press release, Jill Harth states, "I kept quiet about Donald Trump for many years because after he settled my 1997 sexual harassment lawsuit I considered the matter resolved, and he then behaved appropriately. Only when he called me a liar several months ago did I choose to speak out about the times he groped and sexually assaulted me when I did business with him. Trump's calling me a liar again yesterday only strengthens my resolve to speak the truth about what he did to me. If he sues me, I know that truth is an absolute defense, and I will counter sue for the emotional hurt and lost income his attacks have caused me".

In the same press release, Harth's attorney, Lisa Bloom states, "I stand with Jill Harth. My law firm will continue to proudly represent Jill and any other accusers sued by Donald Trump and crowd fund defense costs. In that lawsuit I would take the deposition of Trump and all of his enablers, and subpoena his business and personal records as well as any recordings that may exist in which he brags about sexual assault, such as the Access Hollywood recording and potentially, The Apprentice raw footage.

I reject Donald Trump's effort to intimidate and silence women."
--- end press release statements ---

"Many of you asked how to help first Trump accuser Jill Harth who lost work after speaking out. Show her some love:" Link: https://www.gofundme.com/stand-up-to-trump?platform=hootsuite, https://twitter.com/LisaBloom/status/790639144980578304, 24th Oct. 2016

The gofundme.com link above has a target of 10,000 US Dollars (right now at around 4.40 PM Indian Standard Time, 25th Oct. 2016 it has got donations of 882 US Dollars, raised by 25 people in 11 days). Some extracts from the description part of the page, are given below:

SUMMARY:
Despite her initial reluctance and great fear, Jill Harth courageously decided to share her allegations of being sexually harassed and assaulted by Republican Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump. She was the first woman to do so, on July 18, 2016. For three long months, she was the only one out there, facing social media hate and losing business. She’s been vindicated by the “hot mic ” tape released on October 7, 2016, in which Trump brags about kissing women and grabbing their genitals.

Let’s help Jill get back on her feet!
...
Jill’s decision to come forward and relive her experience was not easy. Jill knew that his supporters would try to discredit her. She knew her face and story would be on TV, news articles, and other media channels.  Trump is a powerful, rich man, who has millions of angry supporters.

Speaking out took an economic toll on Jill. Clients cancelled, saying they did not want to be associated with her “controversial” story. Bookings dried up. Trump threatens to sue everyone who crosses him. Jill retained Lisa Bloom and The Bloom Firm to represent her.

Jill now faces hard economic times. The GoFundMe proceeds will go towards paying Jill’s bills, shoring up her business, and paying legal fees. The funds will go to Jill's attorneys at The Bloom Firm, who will disburse the funds.

We ask for your support of Jill. Let’s show her there are more good people than bad, who want to help her.

Help spread the word!
--- end extracts from description part of Jill Harth related gofundme.com webpage ---

Please note that I have a PUBLICLY NEUTRAL informal-student-observer role in these posts that I put up about the USA presidential elections. Of course, as I am an Indian citizen living in India, there is no question of me voting in these elections.

[I thank Ms. Lisa Bloom and Ms. Jill Harth and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above extracts from the websites mentioned above, on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more