Why I am sharing New York Times Editorial Board article: The Saudi Cover-Up Crumbles

I have great respect for the New York Times Editorial Board even though they are also human and, I am sure, can make mistakes.

I do not know how valid the NYT Editorial Board opinion expressed in this article is. From what I have read on this matter, I think there is a probability that the original flat denial by Saudi Arabia that Mr. Khashoggi was killed in their consulate, is true. So I have not jumped to any conclusions here. In particular, I have not concluded that the Turkish government view of the matter is the correct one. Based on what I have read in mainstream media, I simply don't know for sure.

However, as a social media writer based in democratic India, who thrives on freedom of speech and so is a strong supporter of freedom of speech, I feel that this matter of the disappearance of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi dissident writer, must be investigated in depth, and the investigation and conclusions must be shared with the world public.

Therefore I have decided to share this hard-hitting NYT Editorial Board article:
The Saudi Cover-Up Crumbles, sub-titled - "Evidence mounts of a ghastly crime in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul. President Trump still seems inclined to buy the kingdom’s lame denials.", https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/opinion/saudi-arabia-jamal-khashoggi-pompeo.html, published on 16th Oct. 2018 and authored by The New York Times Editorial Board.

I share the concern expressed in this sentence of the above article: "If Saudi Arabia is allowed to get away with some lame story about the apparent murder of Mr. Khashoggi, the world’s growing gang of autocrats will feel even less constraint."

[I thank nytimes.com and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above small extracts from their website on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more