My views about big fat wedding of Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani's daughter

From my FB post, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2363818267168070, dated 11th Dec. 2018.

A private Beyonce concert just tells you how much money power the Ambanis have!

I guess these are like the royal weddings, royalty in Europe have. The rich industrialists/business magnates of India are India's royalty now. And I think this is similar to the USA.

And like famous yesteryear USA money kings like Rockefeller (Standard Oil man), the Ambanis are into significant amount of philanthropy too.

[This link is shared: Crazy rich Asian wedding – India abuzz over marriage of Mukesh Ambani’s daughter Isha to Anand Piramal, https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/article/2177356/crazy-rich-asian-wedding-india-abuzz-over-marriage-could-be-among-most, 11th Dec. 2018
-----

In my above mentioned FB post, a comment was made: "Just think what good could have been done with that kind of money...".

I (Ravi) responded (slightly edited): Well, --name-snipped--, live and let live is the policy I follow. I choose to follow my Brahmin upbringing values/traditions/spiritual heritage of ceiling on desires which are completely in line with Swami's (Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's) ceiling on desires teachings and it has given me great love, peace, joy and contentment. But I recognize that kings and merchant-kings live a different lifestyle while being law-abiding citizens. Their life, their choice - that's my considered view in this matter. Let them have their joy. Note that they have also done extensive poor feeding and other charitable activities as part of the marriage celebrations.
----

I added: I would like to add that what I realized over the years is that many people want, I repeat want, to have such kings & queens and princes and princesses, and equivalent merchant-stars, whose lives they follow closely, and on whom they shower a lot of joy and affection.

Another point in such events is that the huge money the super-rich spend is going out to others. So the hotels benefit, the pop-star (Beyonce) who essentially is a paid performer, even if the payment is a mega-payment, for the marriage event, benefits, and other event management staff benefit.

The followers of these events get to see their mega stars at a happy marriage event ... and that makes the followers happy!

And this is not peculiar to Asia alone. Just see the following the British royalty have. The late Princess Diana had a huge following.

Essentially, there is a big social group of such royalty or merchant-royalty or Movie-Star-royalty and their followers with a feedback cycle between them.

If large followers of such royalty and money-royalty were not there then these mega events would not have got sustained over time. Significant parts of society want it and so they get it!

As a law-abiding citizen in a democracy, I think I have to respect the wishes of the people of such social circles - not only the royalty and merchant-royalty but also their large number of followers! And so, that's what I do - I respect the right of both the royalty/merchant-royalty in both Asia and Europe & USA (don't know much about these matters in other continents to comment) as well as their followers to lead these lifestyles of star and fan.

The star needs the fan and the fan needs the star! ... Perhaps even in the devotional path it is somewhat similar. The deity needs the worshipper and the worshipper needs the deity!
----
===========================================

From my FB post, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2361797310703499

Great to see this camaraderie between Mukesh Ambani, his wife and USA former Secy. of State and 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton!

[Shares FB video: "Hillary Clinton at Isha Ambani's wedding", https://www.facebook.com/quintillion/videos/276672399659980/ ]
----

From my FB post, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2361553320727898, dated 8th Dec. 2018

Wow! I did not expect that former USA Secy. of State and 2016 Presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton, would come to India to attend billionaire industrialist Mukesh Ambani's daughter's pre-wedding event.

Welcome to India, Secy. Clinton!
[Shares FB video: "Hillary Clinton reaches Udaipur for Ambani wedding", https://www.facebook.com/quintillion/videos/2362289213802009/ ]
-----


Comments

Archive

Show more