Have observed that all USA Presidents from my teens have fascinating friendly connect with people ability


Former USA Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barrack Obama in a selfie pic.
Above pic courtesy: https://www.facebook.com/reggie.paul.35/posts/10156406378906970, dated 1st September 2018

One of the fascinating things about USA Presidents that I have observed from when I was in my teens (from Jimmy Carter, 1977 to 1981), which I think is reflective of USA's democratic (I mean democracy-wise and not Democratic Party wise) heritage, is the friendly connect ability with the people, at least their supporters, that they had/have. It was/is not a solemn and respectful, even fearful, of power kind of thing which is what is the norm in Asia, including India.

I think that unless they demonstrated that friendly connect ability, they would not have won the presidency! I think, the American public expects that of their presidents and so only people with such ability can make it to becoming President.

This pic shows that friendly connect ability of 3 former US Presidents - 2 Democrats and 1 Republican - so well! I mean, they look like guys one could easily have a friendly chat with in a park or a restaurant, if one bumps into them. Of course, the reality, I am sure, is different as they would be surrounded by secret service agents in public settings like parks and restaurants.

Comments

Archive

Show more