Thankful to US President Trump for saying nice truthful thing about India lifting millions out of poverty in UN speech

US President Donald Trump said in his recent United Nations speech: "There is India, a free society (of) over a billion people, successfully lifting countless millions out of poverty and into the middle class".

As an Indian citizen and resident I think what US President Trump has said is the truth, and I thank him for saying this truthful nice thing about early 21st century India. Note that I am in the mid-fifties age group now with most of my life being spent in India. So I have personally witnessed this material progress that India has made (and contributed to it in a small way through my work in the software development field for around three decades).

I pray to God that such progress that India has made inspires other developing and poor nations in the world to take a path to progress that combines ***freedom*** (democracy with its vital freedom of speech and freedom of religion) and material progress, even if the speed of that progress is slower than some alternative authoritarian-type systems. Such progress achieved with freedom is, I think, more sustainable in the long term, and also does not become a military dominance threat to other countries.

The initial part of the video clip below shows President Trump saying the above words in his UN speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkEW0RYn-Hw, 1 min. 24 secs, published by NDTV on 25th Sept. 2018.

Comments

Archive

Show more