Have started reading Jairam Ramesh's book "Intertwined Lives - P.N. Haksar and Indira Gandhi"

Please note that I have a PUBLICLY POLITICALLY NEUTRAL role in these social media posts that I put up related to Indian political leaders which may include leaders in government currently and those not in government. I am an Indian citizen and resident of India. I do vote in Indian elections but I keep who I vote for as a private matter. I should also say that I am a beneficiary, a lover and an open supporter of democracy in India.

Shri Jairam Ramesh, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jairam_Ramesh, http://www.elections.in/political-leaders/jairam-ramesh.html, born 1954, is an Indian political leader. He was a Member of (Indian) Parliament representing Andhra Pradesh (my state) in the Rajya Sabha (Upper house of Indian Parliament) from June 2004 to June 2016. Shri Ramesh had been Union Minister of state (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Environment and Forests from May 2009 to July 2011. He was also Union Minister for Rural Development and Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation.

Shri Ramesh did his B.Tech. in Mech. Engg. from IIT Bombay. He has a Master of Science in Public Policy and Public Management from Carnegie Mellon University (USA). He later started his Ph.D. (graduate study) work at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA) but had to give it up before he completed due to some personal matters.

Some days back I had contacted Jairam Ramesh sir with an offer, in gratitude and love for his service to the nation, to send him a copy of my book, "Who am I? I am I - Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation", which he very graciously accepted and also congratulated me for the book. I sent him the book and he confirmed receipt of it.

I also informed him that I had sent the book to many political leaders of his political party.

Shri Ramesh suggested that I may find his book, "Intertwined Lives - P.N. Haksar and Indira Gandhi", https://www.amazon.in/Intertwined-Lives-Haksar-Indira-Gandhi/dp/9386797267, to be of interest.

I thanked him for it and ordered the book as well as another book of his, "To the Brink and Back: India's 1991 Story", both of which I received in a short period of time.

In the past few days, I have started reading his book, "Intertwined Lives". The size of the book - over 500 pages - was intimidating :-). But the initial pages read easy and were very interesting to me. I have read the preface part and around 30 initial pages of the proper book contents. It is quite clear to me already that the book is a significant contribution to recording history of post-Independent India with some coverage of pre-Independence years, as viewed from the life of an important civil servant - Shri P.N. Haksar. Thanks to Jairam Ramesh sir for this contribution to chronicling Indian history.

Comments

Archive

Show more