Famously crazy, sweet and popular Kishore Kumar oldie Hindi film song - Main hoon jhum jhum .. jhumroo from 1961 film, Jhumroo

Different renditions of the song are given below. The lyrics and informal English translation of it are given towards the end of the post.

1) Claims to be audio of live event - certainly seems to be the Great Kishore Kumar singing: Kishore Kumar Live - Los Angeles Concert - Main Hu Jhumru (Mid 1970s), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmBFTWNt5v8, around 4 mins.

2) Mein hoon jhum jhum jhumroo..jhumroo-kishore da you live in your music,in our hearts (mainly audio), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MuzvaBj8w8, around 4 mins

3) The original film video clip - the song is played at the beginning of the movie along with the credits of the film: Main Hoon Jhoom Jhoom Jhumroo - Jhumroo Songs - Kishore Kumar - Madhubala - Fun Song - Filmigaane, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYV7wRovPhY, 3 min. 19 secs.

4) Interesting part rendition of the song: Mai Hu Jhum Jhum Jhumroo By Gautam Ghosh, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgmda7ndfYw, 2 min. 49 secs, published on Oct. 7th 2018.

5) Nice rendition by a youngster seemingly in 2018: Main Hoon Jhum Jhum Jhumroo by Akarsh | Raat Ke Humsafar | Live at House Concert Delhi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBRd6tw8GZc, 3 min. 25 secs, published on 20th Oct. 2018


Lyrics with informal English translation given within square brackets

[Yodeling]

Main hoon jhum, jhum, jhum, jhum, jhumroo
[I am ... (one meaning of jhum is swing (joyously) and another is joy) (no idea about specific meaning of jhumroo - seems to be a made up word for this freaky song.]
Phakkad ghumu banke ghumru
[Seems to be made up words though ghumna means roaming and banke means having become ... So it generally seems to indicate that (I) have become a roaming person.]
Main yeh pyaar ka geet sunata chala
[I go around singing this song of love]
Manzil pe meri nazar, main duniya se bekhabar
[My eyes are on my goal, I am unconcerned with the world.]
Beeti baaton pe dhool udata chala
[Blowing dust on past matters, I go (on my way)]

Main hoon jhum, jhum, jhum, jhum, jhumroo
Phakkad ghumu banke ghumru
Main yeh pyaar ka geet sunata chala
Manzil pe meri nazar main duniya se bekhabar
Beeti baaton pe dhool udata chala

[Yodeling]

Main hoon jhum, jhum, jhum, jhum jhumroo
Phakkad ghumu banke ghumru
Saath main humsafar na koi carvan
[I do not have any companion nor group (caravan)]
Bhola bhala, seedha sadha, leken dil ka hoon shehzada
[I am honest and simple, straight, but am a prince of the heart]
Hai yeh meri zameen, yeh mera aasman
[This is my land, is my sky]

[Yodeling]

Main hoon jhum, jhum, jhum, jhum jhumroo
Phakkad ghumu banke ghumru
Pyaar seene main hai har kisi ke liye
[I have love in my chest for everyone]
Mujko pyaara har insaan, dilwalon pe hoon qurbaan
[All humans are lovable to me, I (adore) large-hearted people (qurbaan means sacrifice but pe hoon qurbaan is a phrase that I think indicates adoration)]
Zindagi hai meri zindagi ke liye
[My life is for life]

[Yodeling]

Main hoon jhum, jhum, jhum, jhum, jhumroo
Phakkad ghumu banke ghumru
Main yeh pyaar ka geet sunata chala
Manzil pe meri nazar main duniya se bekhabar
Beeti baaton pe dhool udata chala

[Yodeling]

Comments

Archive

Show more