Incumbent PM Narendra Modi led BJP (and NDA alliance) all set to win Indian General Elections 2019; Congress party President Rahul Gandhi gracefully concedes defeat

Incumbent PM Narendra Modi led BJP party and associated NDA alliance seem all set to win comfortable majority in Indian General Elections 2019, and enjoy a full five year term.

Below pic is captured from NDTV, https://www.ndtv.com/, a mainstream English Indian news channel, around 7:13 PM today (23rd May 2019). It shows the leads & wins in Lok Sabha (Indian parliament at New Delhi) seats across the country.



Best wishes to NDA for serving the people in government. Best wishes to the other parties that will serve in Opposition to do their function of watching over the ruling government (in Parliament in Delhi) and holding them accountable.
----

Graceful acceptance of defeat by Shri Rahul Gandhi, Congress party President: For democratic elections to function properly, it is important for key leaders who lose the election to gracefully accept defeat. As an Indian citizen and resident, I commend Shri Rahul Gandhi for this grace that he is showing and for his support for democracy.

Shri Rahul Gandhi is on track to win (he is currently leading by a big margin) from Wayanad, Kerala and thereby be a Member of Parliament. Best wishes to him for his role as MP and as one of the opposition leaders who have the responsibility to watch over the ruling government and hold them accountable.

https://twitter.com/RahulGandhi/status/1131552644395233281, 6.59 PM on 23rd May 2019

Text of above tweet: "I accept the verdict of the people of India 🇮🇳

Congratulations to the winners, Mr Modi & the NDA.

Thank you to the people of Wayanad for electing me as your MP.

Thank you also to the people of Amethi.

Thank you Congress workers & leaders for your hard work in this campaign."
----

Please note that I have a PUBLICLY POLITICALLY NEUTRAL role in these social media posts that I put up related to Indian political leaders which may include leaders in government currently and those not in government. I am an Indian citizen and resident of India. I do vote in Indian elections but I keep who I vote for as a private matter. I should also say that I am a beneficiary, a lover and an open supporter of democracy in India.

[I thank ndtv.com and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above pic from their website on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more