Am happy to see that Madonna says Michael Jackson is 'innocent until proven guilty'

Madonna says Michael Jackson is 'innocent until proven guilty', https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/madonna-michael-jackson-sexual-abuse-allegations-leaving-neverland-a8903146.html, 7th May 2019

The article quotes Madonna as saying:
“I don’t have a lynch-mob mentality, so in my mind, people are innocent until proven guilty,” ...

“I’ve had a thousand accusations hurled at me that are not true. So my attitude when people tell me things about people is, ‘Can you prove it?'”
---

Ravi: I am so glad to see Madonna come out in support of the legal process by which such serious ***criminal*** allegations are assessed as true or not sure whether true or false (or sometimes proven to be false).

Now I should also say that I do not have anything against the accusers. I don't know what is the truth. But I am not willing to support a media-kangaroo-court arriving at a judgement that MJ is guilty of ***criminal*** sexual abuse.

Like Madonna said, MJ is innocent until proven guilty (by a court of law)!!!

Note that the biggest English music pop-stars of the 80s which were my main young adult days, were Michael Jackson and Madonna.

While today I do not support the message of some of Madonna's songs, I simply cannot deny that watching her 'Material Girl' video on MTV was a very different kind of experience for me, who prior to that was exposed to more of Hindi film video-songs. Now I had heard audio of some English music earlier. But MTV blended audio and video. Madonna song-videos were fast, full of energy and somewhat explicit in romantic stuff. That was really new to me. And so it made quite an impression on me then. So much that when I heard Material Girl song in 2000s, after a break of over a decade when I had switched off that kind of music and videos, I could recall not only most of the words of the song but also the music! I was astonished at how much recall I had of this song! But I think that simply showed how much of an impact/impression the song had made on me when I saw it on MTV in my Europe and USA stints in the second half of the 1980s.

I recently read that Madonna is combating ageism in the music industry. She is 60 now! I repeat I do not endorse some of the messages in Madonna's songs but I admire her energy and can-do spirit. She is one hell of an achiever, I have to say! Madonna on ageism in the music industry: I’m punished for turning 60, https://home.bt.com/news/showbiz-news/madonna-on-ageism-in-the-music-industry-im-punished-for-turning-60-11364359726202, 4th May 2019

I am 56 running 57 now. So Madonna is my contemporary  and elder to me. I say contemporary to indicate that we lived and continue to live in the same times. She is a superstar and I am a nobody  :-) , and very happy to be a nobody :-) . Not only is she a music superstar but is also a single parent raising six children (four of them adopted). [I am single with no kids]. Hats off to her for this awesome combo achievement.

Here's her Material Girl song (official video released in 1984): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p-lDYPR2P8, 4 min. 42 secs.

Comments

Archive

Show more