Hats off to USA investigators & prosecutors for investigating and charging 53 medical practitioners across USA for over-prescribing opioids and worse

Hats off to USA investigators and prosecutors for showing the moral courage to investigate and charge 53 medical practitioners across USA for over-prescribing opioids and worse (exchanging opioids for sexual favours), https://www.cbsnews.com/news/opioid-takedown-appalachian-regional-prescription-department-of-justice-today-2019-04-17/

Nobody should be above the law. Rogue medical professionals, rogue academics, rogue scientists, rogue technologists, rogue spiritual masters, rogue religious institution/NGO paid employees and even free service staff ... all should be  held accountable.

Of course, like in this case, the charged persons should be able to defend themselves in court with the burden being on the prosecution to show beyond reasonable doubt (or the appropriate legal standard for the charge) that the rogues did commit the crimes.

Note that I was a free service staff in a charitable (free education) deemed university in South India for around 9 years. I consider myself fully accountable to Indian law enforcement and Indian courts, as well as to Indian people at large, for all my actions there. Just because I offered free service does not mean that I am not accountable for my actions there. I am fully accountable. And as I am now a free service social media writer, I am open to being questioned by real people for my free service work both in that deemed university and now for my social media work (over 5 years). But it has be real people as they can be held accountable for their questions and they too should be willing to be questioned by me. It cannot be fakes like Facebook fake ID cowards, conspirators and crooks Mervyn Hughes and Parthi Resident/Venkatesh Babu, who seem to have been based in Melbourne, Australia (in 2016 & 2017) and who seem to have had collaborators in Melbourne, Australia (Bhaskar Iyer), Muddenahalli, Karnataka and Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh (last two places are in India).

I think that India is quite heavily influenced by USA, due to a variety of factors which include both countries being large democracies, English being an important language in both countries, and large level of people-to-people contact between USA & India, over decades. I hope Indian law enforcement agencies follow such cases in USA closely, and adopt suitable approaches to ensure that people of all walks of life in India (medicine, science, technology, academics, spiritual groups, religious and NGO institutions) are held accountable and have fear of law enforcement when it comes to abusing society's trust and doing grossly unethical and/or criminal acts.

Comments

Archive

Show more