Agree with Richard Dawkins' views in 2017 video about simple-majority referendum being wrong way to decide on Brexit

March 2017 2 minute video of Richard Dawkins arguing against simple majority Brexit decision. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaySOifpusg

Ravi: I tend to agree with Richard Dawkins arguments against simple majority decision for Brexit. And his words said around 2 years ago are relevant even today! I don't think the British people who voted to Leave with a simple majority, knew enough about the very complex matter. Just one single majority wins referendum approach to decide on as vital a matter as Brexit whose impact would last decades and impact a few generations, was, in my considered opinion, a very inappropriate decision by then UK government.

Hmm. I vehemently disagree with Prof. Dawkins on his "God Delusion" views. Quite interesting, though not surprising to me, that I largely agree with his views on simple-majority referendum for Brexit being the wrong way to decide on Brexit.

Comments

Archive

Show more