I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made

Came across this quote today, which has made my day - "I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made." It is attributed to Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR) - a president of USA from 1933 to 1945 which included most of the period of World War II, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt.

I think the quote applies to some extent to me too, given the enemies I have made by my whistle-blowing on social media, and by my social media writer activism for Sathya (Truth) & Dharma (Ethics) against outrageous false belief and spiritual fraud propagated by some by misusing the HOLY NAME of my beloved and revered Gurudev, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. Of course, there are many other whistle-blowers and activists for Sathya & Dharma to whom it may apply much more than to me.

Given below are front and back cover pics of a biography of FDR that I bought recently. I earnestly look forward to reading it some time in the near future (after I finish the book on P.N. Haksar,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._N._Haksar, that I am reading now at my slow pace of a few pages off and on - I am on around page 305 of the around 500 pages book).

[To open pic in higher resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]



Comments

Archive

Show more