Miscellaneous Facebook posts & comments in or around August 2022

When author of post or comment is not mentioned, it should be assumed that it is me (Ravi S. Iyer).

To save time, I am usually not providing my FB post links but only contents. I am also not hyperlinking links. So readers may have to copy-paste links from this post onto a browser link box and then browse to that link.

==========================================

Awesome 2017 rendition of Hindi film oldie goldie: Jo Wada Kiya Woh - जो वादा किया वह from Taj Mahal (1963) by Javed Ali & Kirti Killedar, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpyBF7GW4Q , 3 min. 32 secs.

The first few words of the song mean: The promise that (we) made, that (we) will have to fulfill.

The lyrics of the song are awesome too.

-----------

How does an emergency bulb distinguish between mains power failure and switch being turned off?

I recently bought an LED emergency bulb: wipro 9W B22 LED White Emergency Bulb, (NE9001), https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07VPT32Z8/ . I paid around Rs.400 for it.

I have been using it for close to a week and it has swung into action during two or three mains power cuts that I had. I am happy with its performance.

Even prior to the purchase, as I was thinking about purchasing it, I was wondering how these emergency bulbs distinguish between the associated switch being turned off and a mains power failure/cut.

Note that the bulb has a rechargeable battery but that would be like how mobile rechargeable batteries work. Earlier I had a rechargeable (electric) lantern but which had to be manually switched on, when there was a power cut. The great thing about this emergency bulb is its detection of mains power cut and then it staying on but with lower power. Note that if the emergency bulb's switch is off then it does not come on automatically when there is a power cut. I haven't checked whether it comes on during power cut, when one manually switches it on. I think it will come on then.

This video gives an easy explanation of how it does so - but don't know how accurate the video is: How Emergency LED Light Bulbs Works, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwc4pL0TdI , around 5 mins., published on 26th Jan. 2018.

Note that inverters which some in Puttaparthi have but which I don't have, are used to power few electric points in the house when there is a mains power cut.

-------------- 

Chal akela chal akela (Walk alone, walk alone): An awesome sad and philosophical song sung by the great Mukesh. Mukesh was the king of sad philosophical songs I used to hear in my youth. 

It is from the 1969 Hindi film Sambandh. The music is by O.P. Nayyar and the lyricist is Kavi Pradeep (R.B. Dwivedi).

The original film song (the video is not great quality but the audio quality is decent): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7PurAnD3uY , 4 min. 48 secs.

A nice live orchestra version dated 29th May 2016, of same song sung by Mukhtar Shah with orchestra music by Hemantkumar Musical Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDCiZ3K8iA, 4 min. 57 secs.

---------------


Comments