Very happy to see that Dr. Lalit Kanodia, founder of Datamatics, as well as Ashank Desai, co-founder of Mastek, have been honoured with IMC Lifetime Achievement Awards

Wonderful to see this! Congratulations to Dr. Lalit Kanodia!

Datamatics was the company that trained me in software development and allowed me to grow into a software developer and project leader. I was with Datamatics from March 1984 to May 1990. I am very, very grateful to Datamatics and its founder Dr. Lalit Kanodia for having provided me that opportunity and giving me a solid professional software development career base.

So I am really happy to see this lifetime achievement award being bestowed on Dr. Kanodia by IMC (which I think is Indian Merchants Chamber, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Merchants'_Chamber ).

IMC Honours Dr. Lalit Kanodia, Founder & Chairman, Datamatics with Lifetime Achievement Award, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIzeu8hSo1E , 4 min. 36 secs, published by Datamatics on 8th July 2021.

FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2021, Digital Technology Awards By IMC entry in https://www.imcnet.org/press-releases covers this award. A small extract from it:

The coveted Lifetime Achievement Awards 2020 were bestowed on:

  1. Mr Ashank Desai, Founder, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Mastek Ltd.
  2. Mr Atul Nishar, Chairman, Azent Overseas Education Limited and Founder, Hexaware Technologies.
  3. Dr Lalit Surajmal Kanodia, Chairman Datamatics Group of Companies was bestowed with the IMC Hinditron Late Hemant Sonawala, Digital Technology Awards 2020 - Lifetime Achievement Award. Late Shri Hemant Sonawala in whose memory IMC is constituting this Lifetime Achievement Award, was described by Business India magazine as "The man who saw the future".

--- end extract from imcnet.org ---

I am glad to see that Mr. Ashank Desai of Mastek, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastek ,  has also won a lifetime achievement award. While I have not interacted personally with Mr. Ashank Desai, I did spend many years (Nov. 1993 to Jun. 2001) as a technical consultant with Mastek, and so I am very happy to see that a founder (to be more precise, co-founder) of Mastek has been honoured with this award.

Comments