Deeply unsettling to see deep divisions among public in two of the top democracies in the world - USA and UK

Last updated on 16th Jan. 2019

From a recent FB post of mine, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2392296144320282 :

UK people and politicians seem to be so divided over (how to) Brexit. It is very sad to see. Hopefully, they will decide quickly and move on.

Today I saw a few recent news videos of USA mainstream media channels (I include Fox News in that even though some of my FB friends may disagree with that categorization; I do it based on impact it seems to have on USA politics and the current USA President). [I have omitted sentences that I had initially put up telling what these videos were saying, as it is pretty controversial stuff.]

I am publicly neutral in USA (and UK) politics. So I am not taking sides here and saying one side is right and the other is wrong. I am just rather freaked-out that USA democratic politics has reached this horribly divisive level.

As a beneficiary, a lover and an open supporter of democracy, I hope and pray that this deep division gets healed and healed **quickly** in USA and UK.
======================================================

In response to a comment on above mentioned FB post, I wrote (slightly edited):
Thanks for your view --name-snipped-- sir. It is an interesting detached-observer view of these matters.

In my posts about these current affairs I write from a different perspective of a person concerned about the ***current*** well being of the persons in USA and UK, and about the ***current*** well being of democracy and the wonderful freedoms that democracy gives, in these countries.

During some periods, the sufferings involved for those in Sri Rama's family as well as in Sri Krishna's family and friends was immense, even when they were blessed with the divine presence! Sri Rama himself suffered when Sita was kidnapped, when Lakshmana was seriously injured in the battlefield and, I am quite sure but don't recall this part of Ramayana properly, when he had to banish Sita to the forest!

Perhaps one could say that suffering is inescapable in human life and take a silent and stoic view about such suffering.

But, as a social media writer, I try to help those who are suffering through sympathy and prayers in my writings. In a few matters where I am in a position to play a social media writer-activist role I do so, e.g. in informing Sathya Sai fraternity worldwide about spiritual fraud Madhusudan Naidu thereby helping a few people to avoid getting trapped by Madhusudan Naidu spiritual fraud.

In far bigger matters like current deep divisions in USA and UK among its public, I feel that I would be helping by sharing my concerns publicly and also by expressing my sympathy for their difficulties and my prayers for the deep divisions to be healed quickly. And so I write these posts.
----

[The person responded that he understood my viewpoint and applauded my approach. I thanked him for it.]
----

Comments

Archive

Show more