Added Page Having Dynamically Generated List Of All Posts On My Blogger Blogs Using Shared Javascript code

In March of this year (2023), I changed the blogger theme of this (worldly) blog (ravisiyermisc.blogspot.com) as well as of my main spiritual blog (ravisiyer.blogspot.com) from 'Simple Bold' theme to 'Contempo Light' to ensure that search blog facility was provided when viewing the blogs on mobile. For more details, please visit my post: In Blogger, showing search button (facility) in mobile view by changing Theme from Simple Bold to Contempo Light, https://ravisiyermisc.blogspot.com/2023/03/in-blogger-showing-search-button.html .

After this change, I saw that the Archive gadget functionality gave a limited view of archived posts in one view as compared to what the Archive gadget did with 'Simple Bold' theme. You could usually see only one month's posts in one view and had to click a button to see another month's view at which time the previously selected month's posts would not be shown. I very much wanted to provide visitors to my blog, as well as myself, an easy way to see a list of all posts in the blog which is dynamically generated through a gadget or otherwise. A few days back I came across some Javascript code solutions for this need. Yesterday (23rd Jun 2023), I was able to successfully implement one of these solutions to both the above mentioned blogs. 

As both my blogs have over a thousand posts, the Javascript code takes time to execute and sometimes the page load (dynamically generated list) gets completed very slowly.

You can view the "List of Posts in Blog In Reverse Chronological Order - Dynamically Generated" in the two blogs here:

1) (This) Worldly blog: https://ravisiyermisc.blogspot.com/p/list-of-posts-in-blog-in-reverse.html

2) Spiritual blog: https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/p/list-of-posts-in-blog-in-reverse.html

I also created a "Static Copy of List of Posts in Blog In Reverse Chronological Order taken on 23 June 2023" for both the blogs. These static pages load faster as they have the list of posts as HTML. You can view them here:

1) (This) Worldly blog: https://ravisiyermisc.blogspot.com/p/static-copy-of-list-of-posts-in-blog-in_23.html

2) Spiritual blog: https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/p/static-copy-of-list-of-posts-in-blog-in.html

The Javascript provided in the dynamically generated list pages mentioned earlier (not static pages which have the generated HTML for the list of posts) is from the post titled, "Create an Archive List/Page for Blogger", https://www.sarwrites.com/2015/09/create-archive-listpage-for-blogger.html , created in Sept. 2015 and last updated on August 2018. Many thanks to the author of the post. I also came across an error in the script which has already been pointed out by Anonymous comment dated April 25, 2018 about "601+150=751 not 851". I fixed the error and now the script works.

I thought it may help some if I provide the entire HTML including script for the above dynamically generated list pages. But I am not sure about the copyright status of the original code and so decided not to put up the HTML and script code on this post.

Comments