Good to see US President Joe Biden show support for Asian-Americans in the context of Atlanta Spa shootings

Good to see US President Joe Biden show support for Asian-Americans in the context of Atlanta Spa shootings, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Atlanta_spa_shootings , that killed 8 of which 6 were Asian-Americans. As per the wiki page, the shooting is not viewed, so far, by the police as a hate crime. But it seems that at least some Asian-Americans perceive it as a hate crime.

This CNN video which I have shared has some anti-Trump (former US President Trump and his administration) remarks which I do not endorse in any way. I looked around to see if Joe Biden's video statement is available on his Twitter feed but could not find it.

Also the CNN interview does have two Asian-Americans (seem to be of Chinese and/or South East Asian descent) speak of the racism and hatred they faced over their lives in USA, which I think is valuable testimony. So I am sharing the video. I repeat I do not endorse any anti-Trump remarks of the video. I am publicly politically neutral in US politics.

I am openly against racism and hatred anywhere in the world, particularly in India and USA. I think it is appropriate for me to mention that some of my former software industry colleagues from India are settled in Atlanta, USA. So I surely am fully supportive of efforts made to root out racism in Atlanta, USA as well as other parts of USA.

With that said, here's the video (initial part has US President Biden's words) : CNN's Amara Walker gets emotional after Biden speech, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrKI77TygE, 10 min. 30 secs, published by CNN on 20th March 2021.

Comments

Archive

Show more