My stand on COVID vaccines and conspiracy theories about (alleged) suppression of Hydroxychloroquine treatment & about Bill Gates (alleged) negative role in COVID vaccines

My stand in short

1) COVID Vaccines are one of the key ways in which top medical research organizations in the world (WHO, NIH in USA), including in India (ICMR), are planning to fight the COVID pandemic, with many vaccines under trial now. Some, or perhaps all, of these vaccines may have safety issues with them. I am open to reading about such safety concerns but I place a lot of value on the views of these top medical research & development organizations.

2) Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) along with Azithromycin and Zinc (or HCQ with some other medicines) is reported to work as a cure in some COVID cases (where COVID is detected early). My understanding is that India allows such treatment (under medical supervision). But I don't think it is viewed by top medical organizations in India (ICMR) and in most countries of the world as a wonder-cure for all kinds of COVID cases.

I am not convinced by what I have read so far that there is some concerted conspiracy by some powerful people to suppress Hydroxychloroquine treatment for COVID, for their selfish profit/gain, especially in India.

3) I am not convinced by what I have read so far that Bill Gates funding some top medical research organizations in the world (WHO, NIH), and in India (collaboration with ICMR which perhaps involves funding) has given him such influence over them that these medical organizations (WHO, NIH, ICMR) will deviate from best or good practices of medical science in their COVID therapeutics and vaccine work, and do actions that are bad for humans/society just because Bill Gates asked or ordered them to.

-- end short version of stand --

I felt it appropriate to put up my stand on this matter. I am fine if readers/Facebook friends disagree with me - no problem at all - we can politely agree to disagree. But if somebody says that I am asleep (to the ***supposed*** reality of Hydroxychloroquine treatment being suppressed by powerful forces for their own selfish profit/gain, and ***supposed*** demonic intent of Bill Gates to harm humanity/society through COVID vaccines) and need to wake up, I do not like it. I feel that is a very impolite thing to say (to put it mildly). And if that person tries to lecture me further on such lines, I get very upset. So I request readers/Facebook friends to please not do that. If they are very upset with my stand and don't want to associate with me because of that, I am fine if they unfriend me - no problem. I would wish them well even if they unfriended me.

Details

Now for some more details given as points but not in any logical order.

1. I do read some criticism of Bill Gates' efforts wrt COVID pandemic. Criticism based on evidence is good but so far I am not convinced that Bill Gates is deliberately doing bad stuff wrt COVID pandemic.

2. About Dr. Zelenko's Hydroxychloroquine + Zinc + Azithromycin (claimed) cure for COVID-19

It is not possible for me to know exactly why top medical agencies of the world including WHO, and India's top medical agencies like ICMR, have not adopted, or widely adopted, Dr. Zelenko's above claimed cure. I think in the India case, Hydroxychloroquine is mentioned as one possible treatment of COVID, but there are no reports of it or Dr. Zelenko protocol, being adopted as the frontline and "sure-shot cure" treatment for COVID.

Anantapur district which is where Puttaparthi falls in, is deep in the COVID pandemic crisis now. I have followed a lot of the reporting on this crisis in Anantapur (I don't put it up on Facebook or blog as it is pretty depressing and I don't want to depress my readers). I don't recall reading even one single report on Anantapur district medical authorities using above Dr. Zelenko cure, for treating patients. They may still be using it but, if so, it does not seem to be widely covered in the media.

Some person(s) have a view that Dr. Zelenko's cure is being deliberately suppressed by powerful forces. I am in no position to ascertain whether that is true in context of Anantapur district (or India in general) and if it is true, to change it to start using Dr. Zelenko's cure.

I have to simply deal with the reality on the ground that in Anantapur district, and in Puttaparthi, the medical health authorities do NOT seem to view Dr. Zelenko's claimed cure, as a sure-shot cure. So from point of view of Anantapur district community in general, including Puttaparthi community in general, as well as India as a whole, Dr. Zelenko's claimed cure may not matter much. Yes, some individuals in these communities may know of Dr. Zelenko's cure and, if, God forbid, they contract COVID, they may use that treatment (with support from a doctor who approves of that treatment for them). But that impacts only few individuals, and not the community at large.

I later looked up this document: "CLINICAL MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL: COVID-19", Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Directorate General of Health Services (EMR Division), Version 3 dated 13.06(June).20, https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/ClinicalManagementProtocolforCOVID19.pdf, which seems to be the key Indian govt. authorized treatment protocol for COVID.

This is what it says on Hydroxychloroquine: "This drug has demonstrated in vitro activity against SARS-CoV2 and was shown to be clinically beneficial in several small single center studies though with significant limitations. Nonetheless, several large observational studies with severe methodologic limitations have shown no effect on mortality or other clinically meaningful outcomes. As such, the evidence base behind its use remains limited as with other drugs and should only be used after shared decision making with the patients while awaiting the results of ongoing studies. As is the case with other antivirals, this drug should be used as early in the disease course as possible to achieve any meaningful effects and should be avoided in patients with severe disease. An ECG should ideally be done before prescribing the drug to measure QTc interval (and HCQ avoided if QTc is >500 ms) Dose: 400 mg BD on day 1 followed by 400mg daily for next 4 days."

There is no mention of Zelenko in the document (search could not get any results). Clearly, as of now at least, Indian govt. does not currently view Dr. Zelenko's claimed cure as a sureshot cure for COVID-19.

3) The medical community worldwide and in India are actively looking at COVID vaccines as a solution to this COVID pandemic. In fact, ICMR - the premier medical authority for such matters in India - and/or an associated Indian medical agency(ies) has launched human trials for a COVID vaccine!

ICMR and perhaps its associated agencies have the medical experts that India relies on, besides WHO, whose chief scientist now is an Indian (Dr. Soumya Swaminathan).

Some person(s) write regularly about the dangers of vaccines. I think it is good to have authentic criticism of vaccines. But I am not a medical expert to be in a position to judge whether such criticism is valid or not. I turn to established medical authorities in India (ICMR and others) and WHO. If they do not accept such criticism as valid, then from a policy making point of view, such criticism does not have an impact.

So, as of now, it seems that WHO and ICMR will eventually release / certify some COVID vaccines for general community use. It further seems that Indian government and governments of many countries the world over will have COVID vaccination campaigns as a primary way to defeat the COVID pandemic.

I cannot put the criticism of vaccines by some medical scientists/practitioners above WHO and ICMR and other Indian medical agencies' views, as I lack the medical and associated scientific expertise to arrive at a conclusion by myself. I have to rely on top medical experts of the world and of India.

Some person(s) may disagree with WHO and ICMR views on COVID vaccine. That's fine by me. They may have the knowledge base to arrive at a decision on this independent of WHO and ICMR. Good for them.

4) I am NOT following Bill Gates' advice on vaccines. I am following ICMR and WHO advice on vaccines. Some person(s) seem to be saying that ICMR and WHO are puppets of Bill Gates. I find that hard to believe.

WHO chief scientist now is Dr. Soumya Swaminathan. What they seem to be saying is Dr. Soumya Swaminathan follows what Bill Gates' asks her to do, on vaccines. I find that hard to believe.

I have to add that they imply that Dr. Francis Collins, the head of NIH, USA, (Dr. Anthony Fauci reports to him) is a puppet of Bill Gates. I find that too very hard to believe.

BTW I have also had the privilege of a few email exchanges with Dr. Francis Collins when I transcribed (in 2012 or so) a lecture that he gave on science and God topic in Caltech in 2008 or so.

5) Some person(s) are raising doubts, explicitly and/or implicitly, about the medical research institutions in USA (NIH) and at world level (WHO) and in India (ICMR), by saying that Bill Gates funds them and so implying that they are his puppets. I think they are undermining the faith of the general public in these government (and so tax payer funded) institutions in USA, India and the world in general. I think that is a dangerous thing that such persons are doing and they should be aware of that.

6) My source of information is not CNN alone. Dr. Francis Collins is leading the vaccine and therapeutics development for COVID 19 in USA - NIH director is appointed by President of USA, and NIH gets USA tax payer funds. Dr. Collins' views on COVID related work are an important source of information for me.

ICMR is not covered by CNN. It is India's top medical research body which is at the forefront of India's medical fight against COVID. ICMR is working on vaccines. ICMR has not accepted Zelenko protocol as wonder-cure for all cases of COVID.

Comments

Archive

Show more