Fascinating interview of Jeff Bezos by Amazon India top guy during his recent India trip

Amazon Founder & CEO Jeff Bezos on investing in India & his journey so far | EXLCUSIVE, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lojtZUSakA, around 20 mins, published by ET now on 15th Jan. 2020

[Disclosure: I have a couple of Not-For-Profit-For-Author (me) self-published books whose paperback versions are sold on Amazon India (through a (for-profit) self-publishing platform company), and I have an author page on amazon.com.]

I think this is the first time I am seeing an interview of Jeff Bezos. Note that this is a friendly interview as it is conducted by a top guy of Amazon India.

I have read articles about Jeff Bezos, articles against him and perhaps some articles by him. But never heard him speak till I saw this video!

I am very impressed by his words in this interview. My comments in this post relate only to what he has said in this interview. I am not saying anything about other stuff including criticism of him and his company in India and the USA - I do not know enough about those topics and so prefer to stay silent.

Given below are some extracts from the auto-generated transcript of this interview with some slight editing.

[Around 15:30] It's hard to remember but 25 years ago Amazon was a tiny little company and you know not only was I driving the packages to the post office myself but I was wrapping them and preparing them and you know doing all the things that small entrepreneurs do. Today we're announcing that we're going to invest an incremental 1 billion US dollars in digitizing small and medium businesses and - [applause] thank you - and part of that is that we are going to use, again, try to use Amazon's size, scope and scale. We're going to use our global footprint to export outside of India - to export 10 billion US dollars of Make In India goods by the year [applause] - we're gonna do that by the year 2025. So we're super excited about this. We have plans to do it. All the thanks and hard work goes to Amit and his team. They're the ones (who are) gonna make this happen.
...
[Around 18:25] I do have some final words. I want to make a prediction for you. I predict that the 21st century is going to be the Indian century [applause]. The dynamism, the energy - everywhere I go here I meet people who are interested in self-improvement, in growth. This country has something special and it's a democracy. This is going to be the Indian century.

And I'll make one more prediction for you. In this 21st century, the most important alliance is going to be the alliance between India and the United States [applause] - the world's oldest democracy [Ravi: ref. is to USA] and the world's largest democracy [Ravi: India] [applause].
----

[I thank Jeff Bezos and Amazon company, and ET NOW, and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above short transcript of Jeff Bezos' words from the above mentioned video, on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more