Test post to attempt fix for default enlarged HTML quoted (blockquote) text in Contempo Light theme of Blogger

Last updated on 23 Mar. 2023

This is a test post to resolve a problem I am facing of automatically enlarged HTML quoted (blockquote) text with Contempo Light theme of Blogger. Now I seem to have got a fix.

Quoted text

Normal text

===================

22nd Mar. 2023 Update:

Note that quoted text (HTML blockquote text) would show in normal size when I was using the Simple Bold theme of Blogger. Recently I switched to Contempo Light Theme as it provided search button in mobile view. For details, please see my recent post: In Blogger, showing search button (facility) in mobile view by changing Theme from Simple Bold to Contempo Light,  https://ravisiyermisc.blogspot.com/2023/03/in-blogger-showing-search-button.html . This was impacting my previous posts having blockquote text! So I felt I need to invest time in exploring how to fix this issue.

Googling for it did not give me suitable results. I decided to dig deeper into Blogger theme advanced customization and HTML which eventually led me to a fix given below. But I will know for sure only after using it for a few days. Further, I have to observe whether it breaks something else.

The solution is to edit the Contempo Light Theme HTML.

Default lines for BlockQuote in Contempo Light Theme HTML are:

blockquote{

color:$(blockquote.color);

font:$(blockquote.font);

font-size:x-large;

text-align:center

}

------

Only one of the above lines has to be commented - the font-size line. After it has been commented, the modified lines for BlockQuote in Contempo Light Theme HTML are:

blockquote{

color:$(blockquote.color);

font:$(blockquote.font);

// font-size:x-large;

text-align:center

}

------

Currently I have commented out the font-size statement. The screenshots showing the effect of that are given below.

[On PC desktop/laptop, to open pic in larger resolution (if available), right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]

Above pic: Blog post output with blockquote font-size statement commented out

Above pic: Theme HTML with blockquote font-size statement commented out

======================================

The screenshots below show the state with the default Theme HTML.

Above pic: Blog post output with default blockquote font-size statement (NOT commented out)

Above pic: Theme HTML with default blockquote font-size statement (NOT commented out)

Comments