USA Sen Warren (Democrat - Massachusetts) on how the big tax reform bill is being pushed through the USA Senate

"No, I haven’t had time to read the 500-page #GOPTaxScam bill that we’re voting on tonight. I couldn’t read it if I tried – and I did.", https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/936756302000414720, 1st Dec. 2017 - has 3 min. 22 sec video.

Ravi: I do feel that it would have been far better if Democrat senators (and their staff) were given time to digest the 500 page bill over a few days before the Senate vote. as the bill's impact would be felt, directly or indirectly, by almost everyone of the three hundred million odd citizens/residents of the USA, and whose impact may last years, if not decades. But then the reality of legislative floor management is something that I have ZERO EXPOSURE to. So maybe I am naive about these things.

Please note that I have a PUBLICLY NEUTRAL informal-student-observer role in these posts that I put up about USA politics. Of course, as I am an Indian citizen living in India, there is no question of me having voted in USA elections.

Comments

Archive

Show more