USA President Trump stuns me with his tough stand in televised discussion with USA lawmakers on some aspects of gun control! I fully support this stand

Trump Stuns Lawmakers With Seeming Embrace of Gun Control, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/us/politics/trump-gun-control.html, 28th Feb. 2018

My initial reaction to seeing the video snippet (1 min. 20 secs) in the NYT article was: Wow!!! And I said it aloud, and pretty loudly!

I am making an exception to my policy of being publicly neutral in USA politics, in this post. Note that I am an Indian living in India who has lived in the USA for a total of around 2 years a few decades ago, and who has many real and virtual (social media) friends who live in the USA (Indian origin as well as non Indian origin friends).

I fully support USA President Trump on his stand as shown in this NYT video snippet of his televised discussions with top lawmakers in USA Congress, in terms of raising age from 18 to 21 to legally buy guns (especially assault rifles), being "really strong on background checks", taking away guns from people with problems (like the shooter in the Parkland, Florida school who was documented tens of times with having problems) etc.

Hats off to President Trump for having the guts to say what he said publicly to top USA lawmakers in this video snippet!
====================================================
Update:

I just saw the whole video of the meeting: President Donald Trump Meets With Lawmakers On School Safety — Wednesday, Feb. 28 2018 | CNBC, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TN1qsBrep8, 1 hr. 3 mins. I am very encouraged by what I saw in this bipartisan meeting. I hope and pray that the USA gets some good gun legislation which will prevent or at least drastically reduce mass shootings in schools having defenseless children and teenagers (and elsewhere too, hopefully).

Comments

Archive

Show more