The Congo Dandies! India has its Dandies too!

The Congo Dandies ..., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W27PnUuXR_A, around 25 mins, RT documentary, published in Nov. 2015

Definition of dandy - A man unduly concerned with looking stylish and fashionable. [Source: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/dandy]

Fascinating video showing a not so uncommon human trait among men to be a dandy! The city that I was born, lived, studied and worked in for most of the first four decades of my life - Mumbai/Bombay (and surrounding towns/cities) - sure had quite a few dandies who dressed up to appear far more richer than they really were. However it was not so extreme as in this video about the Congo dandies.

I think India, in general, including Puttaparthi :-) , has its share of dandies. BTW I am not being critical of them. Just sharing this reality of human society. And I have to say, dandies, add some colour and fun, sometimes, to life. Though if they are living beyond their income, their dependents may not be happy with it.

P.S. I enjoyed listening to French along with English translation text being shown on the video. Reminded me of the French I used to hear (and tried unsuccessfully to learn) when I lived in Brussels for 15 months in the 1980s.

Comments

Archive

Show more