Great service to Indian democracy by Hon'ble Chief Justice of India by ensuring SC heard Karnataka matter quickly

Good to read about this non-partisan action of Hon'ble Chief Justice of India on the Karnataka govt. formation matter which paved the way for a fair Vote of Confidence test on the floor of the Karnataka assembly.

In my considered opinion, CJI Dipak Misra has done a great service to democracy in the country (India) by rising up to the occasion, arranging for a 3 judge bench of the SC to hear the petition in early hours of the night, just a few hours after the petition was made, and ensuring that the Supreme Court of India acted justly, quickly and decisively in the matter.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/cji-turned-tables-on-congress-by-granting-urgent-karnataka-hearing/articleshow/64264889.cms

And I think the SC should continue to act in this manner when it comes to Vote of Confidence for the currently invited CM of Karnataka, Shri Kumaraswamy. As one of the SC judges said, the floor test is the vital decider (I think he used the term 'proof of the pudding'). So like the SC instructed Shri Yedyurappa to have a floor test in a day or so, my view is that Shri Kumaraswamy must be able to prove his majority via an open (not secret ballot) floor test, within one or two days of being sworn in as CM. I read that he will be sworn in tomorrow (23rd May) as CM.

Please note that I have a PUBLICLY NEUTRAL role in these social media posts that I put up related to Indian political leaders which include leaders in government currently and those not in government. I do vote in Indian elections but I keep who I vote for as a private matter. 

Comments

Archive

Show more