Changed my Facebook Settings to reduce possibility of Facebook apps getting access to my data and friends list

A little while back today I made the following Facebook Settings changes to reduce possibility of Facebook apps getting access to my data and my friends list. I thought some readers may be interested to know how I did that.

Chose Settings -> Apps

Removed all apps that I had logged into using Facebook Id [I had done that for only five of such apps].

Disabled Apps, Websites and Plug-ins (Disabled Facebook Platform). [Earlier it was enabled (by default, I guess).]

Now I think I will not be able to login to any site using my Facebook login. Neither will I be able to use Facebook apps and games. But that's OK with me, I think. I have never used Facebook games. And I don't think I really used Facebook apps feature except that for logins to some websites I chose to use Facebook login option (which then got listed as an App that I had allowed to use some of my Facebook data).

Comments

Archive

Show more