Washington Post article: I reported Omar Mateen to the FBI. Trump is wrong that Muslims don’t do our part.

Last updated on 22nd June 2016

"I reported Omar Mateen to the FBI. Trump is wrong that Muslims don’t do our part.", https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/06/20/i-reported-omar-mateen-to-the-fbi-trump-is-wrong-that-muslims-dont-do-our-part/ by Mohammed A. Malik, dated June 20th 2016 - the article is written by an American Muslim originally from Pakistan.

A small extract from it:

I am not the first American Muslim to report on someone; people who do that simply don’t like to announce themselves in to the media. For my part, I’m not looking for personal accolades. I’m just tired of negative rhetoric and ignorant comments about my faith. Trump’s assertions about our community – that we have the ability to help our country but have simply declined to do so – are tragic, ugly and wrong.

[Editor’s note: A federal law enforcement official confirmed the author’s cooperation to The Washington Post.]
--- end extract from washingtonpost.com article--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

Here's a CNN interview video clip with the person who notified the FBI (author of article mentioned in post above), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3q-nWSXOaY, around 2 min.

Please note that I have a PUBLICLY NEUTRAL informal-student-observer role in these posts that I put up about the USA presidential elections. Of course, as I am an Indian citizen living in India, there is no question of me voting in these elections.

[I thank washingtonpost.com and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above short extract from their website on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more